Job Posting: Executive Assistant to the CAO
Posted June 9, 2022
The Town of Peace River is looking for an organized, self-motivated individual to fill the permanent, full-time role of Executive Assistant. Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, the function of this position is to provide high-level administrative support to the CAO and Council.
Full Time • Permanent Employment
Salary: $55,887—$61,854 annually
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, plus evening meetings on Monday nights, or as required.
Closing Date: Open until a suitable candidate is found.
Duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Prepare agenda packages, attend and act as Recording Secretary for all Council Meetings, Committee of the Whole Meetings and such Board/Committee Meetings as directed to attend;
- Prepare minutes from all meetings attended;
- Prepare letters and documents for CAO and Council;
- Proof read all Request for Decision, reports and correspondence by the CAO and Council;
- Maintain records of Boards and Committees appointments;
- Register and track expenses for CAO and Council for various events;
- Answering phone calls from the public, taking and relaying messages in a timely fashion;
- Coordinating meetings for the CAO;
- Coordinate meetings and training for Council members, as directed by the CAO;
- Booking hotel rooms and making travel accommodations, as required;
- Code Council related invoices and submit to Accounting department;
- Collect and submit Council monthly stipend reports; and,
- Prepare for and clean up after Council and any other designated meetings.
Applicant shall possess the following:
- Grade 12 diploma;
- Minimum two (2) years prior administration experience or diploma/certificate in related field;
- Previous experience in municipal government is preferred;
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Working knowledge of DocuShare and iCompass Civicweb an asset;
- Basic website management skills (ie: uploading via FTP sites, hypertext links, etc.);
- Ability to work evenings as required;
- Willingness to learn;
- Ability to work independently and also as part of a team;
- Time management prioritization skills;
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment;
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written;
- High degree of organization;
- An awareness and astuteness of political matters in public administration;
- Demonstrated ability to interact with people in a sensitive, tactful, diplomatic, and professional manner at all times;
- Understand and respect the confidential nature of the material dealt with; and,
- Thrives on challenges
The Town of Peace River welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
Job descriptions are available upon request. Qualified applicants are invited to forward their resumes, in confidence, to the address below (quote Competition #22/015)
Please submit resumes to:
Human Resources Coordinator
Fax: (780) 624-4664
Email: [email protected]
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however only those applicants who will be interviewed will be contacted.