Job Posting: Director of Corporate Services
Posted May 3, 2022
The Town of Peace River is located 486 km north-west of Edmonton, and 195 km north-east of Grande Prairie. It is the second largest populated center in north-western Alberta (approximate population of 6,850) and functions as a thriving regional service hub and trade center.
The Director of Corporate Services is responsible for overseeing the financial success of the Town of Peace River, as well as the administration of the Town’s financial operations and strategic financial planning. The position provides financial leadership, manages budgets, oversees accounting functions, conducts forecast analysis, and monitors corporate credit. The incumbent must ensure compliance with all applicable related legislation, and provide administration of the Freedom of Information Act. The position plays a key role in long- and short-term strategic decision making.
The overall budget for the Town is approximately $35M ($27.5M operating, and $7.2M capital). There is a total Town staff complement of nearly 70FTE’s, and the following departments fall under the direction of the Director of Corporate Services: Finance, Records Management, Information Technology, Communications, Fire, and Enforcement Services.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A post-secondary degree in Finance, Business, Accounting, or in a closely related financial field.
- A professional CPA accounting designation would be considered an asset.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive leadership experience in a senior financial leadership role, along with experience in a municipal setting would be considered a strength.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
- Extensive experience in:
- Leadership, strategic planning, successful communication practices, coupled with sound technical financial knowledge.
- Providing superior customer service to both internal and external stakeholders, including working closely with elected officials.
For further information please contact:
DCG Executive Search Services Ltd.