Community Services Laborer
The Town of Peace River Community Services Department is accepting applications for one (1) temporary full-time Laborer position. The function of these positions is to perform various assigned duties in relation to the maintenance of the outdoor facilities and sports fields. This position is unionized and may require additional hours, on-call and/or shift-work including weekends and evenings above regular scheduled hours.
Hours of employment: Any nine (9) consecutive hours between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. with a one (1) hour unpaid lunch. Could include a rotating weekend split shift.
Closing Date: June 2, 2017
Dates of employment: As Soon As Possible – August 30, 2017
Wage: Labourer 1 – $16.23 per hour as per the Collective Agreement
Applicant(s) shall possess the following:
- Experience in general laborer duties.
- Experience with small hand and mechanical power tools.
- Experience with light mechanical equipment.
- Valid Alberta Class 5 Operator’s permit
- Valid Alberta Class 3 Operator’s permit an asset.
- Air Brakes Endorsement an asset.
- Standard First Aid/CPR certificate or willingness to obtain.
- WHMIS certification or willingness to obtain.
Job descriptions are available upon request. Candidates are invited to submit a resume to Competition # 17/018:
Human Resources Coordinator
Town of Peace River
Box 6600 Peace River, Alberta T8S 1S4
Fax: (780) 624-4664
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however, only those applicants who will be interviewed will be contacted.