Job Posting: Administrative Assistant
The Town of Peace River is accepting applications for one (1) temporary, full time Administrative Assistant for the Engineering and Infrastructure Department. The function of this position is to provide administrative support to the Engineering & Infrastructure Department as directed. This includes (but not limited to) coordinating meetings, recording minutes at meetings, answering phone calls from the public, solid waste contract coordination, and assisting where needed by direction from the Director of Engineering and Infrastructure.
Temporary, Full-Time Employment
Wage: $24.96—$27.62 per hour
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm.
Term: June 1, 2018—August 31, 2018
Closing Date: May 21, 2018
Applicant shall possess the following:
- Grade 12 diploma;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi – task several projects;
- The ability to manage time effectively and meet deadlines;
- A helpful demeanor and positive attitude;
- Practical knowledge and experience in computer systems and business applications;
- Sound grammatical and formatting of written communications; and
- Ability to communicate clear, concise and in an effective manner.
The following will be considered as a desirable asset to this position:
- 1 year of applicable post-secondary education;
- A certificate or diploma in office administration;
- Prior experience in recording minutes;
- Experience and related education; and Knowledge of Autocad, Arc GIS, and Great Plains Dynamics Diamond Municipal Solutions software.
The Town of Peace River welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages
applications from all qualified candidates.
Job descriptions are available upon request. Qualified applicants are invited to forward their resumes, in confidence, to the address below (quote Competition # 18/022).
Leanne Cottrell, Human Resources Coordinator
We thank all participants for their interest, however only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.