Job Posting: Administrative Assistant—Public Works
Posted August 10, 2018
Full Time • Permanent Employment
Salary: $48,686—$61,146 annually
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Closing Date: August 31, 2018
The Town of Peace River is accepting applications for one (1) permanent full time Administrative Assistant for the Public Works Department. Reporting to the Superintendent of Public Works, the function of this position is to provide administrative support to the Public Works Department as directed. This includes (but not limited to) the following:
- Answering phone calls from the public;
- Coordinating meetings for the Superintendent;
- Recording minutes at meetings;
- Co-ordinate with other departments where Public Works support is
- Prepare invoicing for Superintendent approval;
- Assist the Superintendent in securing contractor support for Public Works operations as required and liaising with Contractors as required;
- Assist the Superintendent in project administration including project planning, reporting, budget preparation and cost control;
- Ordering of supplies and equipment as required; and
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Superintendent of Public Works.
Applicant shall possess the following:
- Grade 12 diploma;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi – task several projects;
- The ability to manage time effectively and meet deadlines;
- Excellent customer service, a helpful demeanor and positive attitude;
- Practical knowledge and experience in computer systems and business applications;
- Sound grammatical and formatting of written communications;
- Ability to communicate clear, concise and in an effective manner;
- An awareness and astuteness of political matters in public
- Demonstrated ability to interact with people in a sensitive, tactful,
diplomatic, and professional manner at all times; and
- Maintain a professional appearance.
The following will be considered as a desirable asset to this position:
- 1 year of applicable post-secondary education;
- A certificate or diploma in office administration;
- Experience in a relevant field; and
- Knowledge of Autocad, ArcGIS, and Great Plains Dynamics Diamond
Municipal Solutions software.
The Town of Peace River welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
Job descriptions are available upon request. Qualified applicants are invited to forward their resumes, in confidence, to the address below (quote Competition # 18/039).
Leanne Cottrell, Human Resources Coordinator
Email: [email protected]
We thank all participants for their interest, however only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.