Job Posting: Administrative Assistant – Engineering & Infrastructure
Posted August 10, 2018
Full Time • Permanent Employment
Salary: $48,686—$61,146 annually
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
Closing Date: August 31, 2018
The Town of Peace River is accepting applications for one (1) permanent full-time Administrative Assistant for the Engineering and Infrastructure Department. The function of this position is to provide administrative support to the Engineering & Infrastructure Department as directed. This includes (but not limited to) coordinating meetings, recording minutes at meetings, answering phone calls from the public, solid waste contract coordination, and assisting where needed by direction from the Director of Engineering and Infrastructure.
Applicant shall possess the following:
- Grade 12 diploma;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi – task several projects;
- The ability to manage time effectively and meet deadlines;
- A helpful demeanor and positive attitude;
- Practical knowledge and experience in computer systems and business
- Sound grammatical and formatting of written communications;
- An awareness and astuteness of political matters in public administration;
- Demonstrated ability to interact with people in a sensitive, tactful,
diplomatic, and professional manner at all times; and
- Ability to communicate clear, concise and in an effective manner.
The following will be considered as a desirable asset to this position:
- 1 year of applicable post-secondary education;
- A certificate or diploma in office administration;
- Prior experience in recording minutes;
- Experience and related education; and
- Knowledge of Autocad, Arc GIS, and Great Plains Dynamics Diamond
Municipal Solutions software.
The Town of Peace River welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages
applications from all qualified candidates.
Job descriptions are available upon request. Qualified applicants are invited to forward their resumes, in confidence, to the address below (quote
Competition # 18/038).
Leanne Cottrell, Human Resources Coordinator
We thank all participants for their interest, however only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.