Facilities Maintenance Supervisor
The Town of Peace River is accepting applications for one (1) permanent, full-time Facilities Maintenance Supervisor accountable to the Superintendent of Public Works.
Peace River is a progressive urban centre in Northwest Alberta, and is a scenic, growing town that is home to just under 7,000 residents. The community is situated in the Peace River Valley and straddles the banks of the mighty Peace River. The town is within a five hours’ drive north of Edmonton and two hours northeast of Grande Prairie.
Reporting to the Superintendent of Public Works, the Facilities Maintenance Supervisor shall provide leadership and management of the Facilities Maintenance team.
The Facilities Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the following:
- Oversee the maintenance requirements of Town facilities;
- Coordinate janitorial/custodial contracts for Town facilities;
- Coordinate contractors for major facility maintenance including corrective and emergency maintenance;
- Preventative, corrective and emergency maintenance on backup power supply generators and fire pumps.
- Assist the Water/Wastewater Operations department with process maintenance in Water and Wastewater facilities including corrective and emergency repairs;
- Facility HVAC and mechanical systems operations, maintenance and repair;
- Facility electrical systems operations, maintenance and repair;
- Facility structure maintenance and repairs; and
- Fire extinguisher annual inspections.
Required Technical Competencies
This position shall possess the following:
- Minimum level of formal education required is Grade 12 Diploma;
- Valid Alberta Class 3 driver’s license with air brakes endorsement;
- Clean 5-year drivers abstract;
- Clear Criminal Record Check;
- Experience with hand and mechanical tools;
- Experience in facility maintenance as it relates to electrical, plumbing, carpentry, etc.;
- Experience and operation of light/heavy equipment in relation to various facility equipment;
- Ability to lift 50lbs regularly throughout the day;
- Fluent and familiar with computer word processing, work order and spreadsheet programs;
- Standard First Aid/CPR certificate;
- WHMIS/TDG certification; and
- Equipment Safety.
Desired Technical Competencies
The following assets would be preferred:
- Certification in Facilities Maintenance with certification through BOMI or equivalent;
- General knowledge of various municipal infrastructure systems
- Qualification in one of the following:
- Diploma in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering Technology;
- Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) certification;
- Journeyman trade certification in:
- Carpentry; or
- Refrigeration/heating/ventilation (HVAC);
- Building Systems Technician;
- Facilities Technician;
- Heating, Refrigeration, and Air Conditioning Technician;
- Stationary or Power Engineer (4th Class); or
- Professional management certification in a program relevant to facilities management such as: BOMA Maintenance Management Professional, or Asset Management Professional.
The following skill set would be preferred:
- Strong management and interpersonal skills, with the ability to use tact, diplomacy, and mature judgment;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi- task several projects;
- Supervisory and leadership practices including that of performance management;
- The ability to manage time effectively and meet deadlines;
- Knowledge of Alberta Occupational health and safety programs;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and direction;
- Practical knowledge and experience in computer systems and business applications;
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and in an effective manner both orally, and in written correspondence; and,
- Knowledge of current municipal practices and standards.
Full Time • Permanent Employment
Salary: $73,029 — $91,718
Hours: Monday to Friday
40 hours per week
Closing Date: Open until a suitable candidate is found.
Posting Date: August 22, 2019
The Town of Peace River welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
Job descriptions are available upon request.
Qualified applicants are invited to forward their resumes, in confidence, to the address below (quote Competition # 19/043).
Human Resources Coordinator
We thank all participants for their interest, however only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.