- This event has passed.
Together Alberta – Peace River
June 4 @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pmFree
The Alberta Council for Global Cooperation invites you to participate in an interactive roundtable discussion about the work local communities are doing to achieve long-term sustainability, inclusivity and prosperity through the context of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) are a game-changing agenda that provides a shared global vision to align effort and action for a better world. At ACGC, we believe Alberta-based organizations and businesses have the ability to work together to achieve this common agenda, but must better understand each others’ roles and mandates to make this happen.
To get this conversation started, the Together Alberta project will bring community representatives across various sectors together in 35 roundtable dialogues across all regions of Alberta, aimed at facilitating conversation on our impact on the SDGs and understanding the ecosystem of organizations working on the SDGs in Alberta.
What Will You be Doing?
- Learn about the SDGs;
- Discuss ways your work aligns with the goals;
- Begin to build cross-organizational understanding and collaboration towards addressing these goals.
Participants will have their organizations showcased on the provincial online map.
The results will:
- Feature the work being done locally in achieving the SDGs at home and abroad.
- Provide a tool for groups to connect and collaborate around shared goals to amplify impact of the work they are doing.
- Mapping also allows groups to see that they are not alone, and are in fact part of a movement that numbers in the thousands, and provides a tool for groups to connect and collaborate with each other around shared goals
We look forward to seeing you!
DATE: June 4, 2019
TIME: 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm (includes refreshments)
LOCATION: Sagitawa Friendship Society
RSVP BY June 3rd, 2019 by registering for this event on Eventbrite.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to Brett ([email protected])
June 22 - June 23
June 25 @ 5:45 pm - 9:00 pm
July 1 @ 10:30 am - 2:00 pm