Early Years Reading Challenge
May 1 to 31, 2018
The Early Years Reading Challenge encourages children to read a set number of books and record their efforts. Those who complete the challenge will receive a certificate of completion and will be entered to win a grand prize!
Registered children must be from the ages 0-6 years to participate and live within Peace River, Grimshaw, Berwyn, Brownvale, Dixonville, St. Isidore, Nampa, Reno, Red Earth Creek and surrounding areas.
Register Your Child
How to Participate
- A parent/guardian of a child can register the child online here or at the Town of Peace River Community Services Office during business hours (10008 – 100 Ave, Peace River, AB).
- The child must be from the age 0 – 6 years old to participate and live within the Northwest Peace Early Childhood Coalition geographic area.
- You must keep track of the books read on The Early Years Reading Challenge Tracking Sheet. The Tracking Sheet can be downloaded from the link below or picked up at the Town of Peace River Community Services Office.
- Between May 1st – 31st, 2018 each child must read or have had read to them 30 books. There are lots of suggestions for books on the Early Years Reading Challenge book list. The same book can be read multiple times and included in the challenge total. Children can read books by themselves or with someone else. There will be reminder emails sent out to participants.
- Tracking Sheets can be submitted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or at Town of Peace River Community Services Office (10008 – 100 Ave, Peace River, AB).
Deadline to submit Tracking Sheets is Friday, June 8, 2018.