Community Peace Officer
Reporting to the Manager of Protective Services, the Community Peace Officer 1 is to provide awareness and enforcement of Town Bylaws and Provincial Statutes as per the approved budget, policies and procedures of the Town of Peace River.
The Community Peace Officer 1 is also responsible to ensure a safe and pleasant community through Community involvement, positive visibility in the community and public relations.
The minimum level of education required to perform these duties are:
- Completion of Grade 12 Diploma;
- Successful completion of an approved physical abilities test for uniformed enforcement roles.
- Successful completion of the Community Peace Officer Induction Course taught at the Solicitor General and Public Security Staff College
- Current Radar Certification
The minimum experience required to perform these duties are:
- Two (2) years of applicable Law Enforcement experience;
- Ability to interpret and enforce Town Bylaws and Provincial Statutes;
- Effective written, presentation and oral communication skills.
- Well-developed Public Relations skills
- Clean Criminal Records Check, Driver’s Abstract and Valid Class 5 license.
Regular Hours of Employment: 40 hours per week. Shift work.
A full job description is available upon request. Compensation includes a competitive benefits and pension plan. Resumes will be accepted until a suitable candidate is found. Interested individuals are invited to forward their resumes in confidence to (quote competition #17/030):
Leanne Cottrell, Human Resources Coordinator
Town of Peace River, Box 6600 Peace River, Alberta T8S 1S4
Fax: (780) 624-4664
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however only those applicants who will be interviewed will be contacted.