Childcare Playschool Subsidy Information

  • Child-Care-Subsidy-Resized

Place Category: Support Services and Early Childhood Support ServicesPlace Tags: Childcare Playschool Subsidy Information and peace river

  • Profile

    The Ministry of Human Services provides financial assistance to eligible lower income families using: Licensed day care centres, licensed group family child care, approved family day homes, licensed play schools and approved early childhood development programs.

    Maximum subsidy rates vary by program type and the age of the child. You can apply for the subsidy if: You or your spouse/partner, or the child receiving care are Canadian Citizens or are permanent residents of Canada and live in Alberta; your child is 12 years of age or younger and is not yet in Grade 7; you or your spouse/partner are currently working, attending school, are looking for work or have special needs OR you or your spouse/partner stay at home and have your child(ren) enrolled in a licensed play school/preschool or approved early childhood development program.