Job Posting: Engineering Technologist 1—Temporary
Posted June 26, 2020
The Town of Peace River is accepting applications for one temporary, full time Engineering Technologist I (NOC 2231) position for the Engineering and Infrastructure Department, with a 3-month probationary period. Reporting to the Director of Engineering and Infrastructure, the function of this position will be to perform various tasks as assigned by the Director, including support
services to other departments of the Town of Peace River.
Full Time • Temporary Employment
Term: ASAP to December 11, 2020
Wage: $29.96 per hour
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm
Closing Date: Open until a suitable candidate is found.
This position will assist the Director in:
- Capital project management;
- Providing Public Works and Water/Wastewater Department with
- Managing the Town’s drawing database including updating existing drawings;
- Assisting the IT Department with GIS system updates; and,
- Asset management.
Applicant shall possess the following:
- Grade 12 diploma plus a 2-year post-secondary technical diploma in Civil Engineering; Technology from a recognized institution. Mechanical and Structural Engineering Technologists will also be considered with suitable background;
- Minimum of 2 years of related municipal or engineering consulting
experience to municipalities;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi- task several projects;
- The ability to manage time effectively and meet deadlines;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and direction;
- A helpful demeanor and positive attitude while dealing with the public;
- Practical knowledge and experience in computer systems and business applications;
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and in an effective manner both orally, and in written correspondence;
- Knowledge of ArcGIS, Autocad Map 3D and other Autodesk products;
- Knowledge of Great Plains Dynamics Diamond Municipal Solutions
software an asset;
- Registered, or is able to be registered, with ASET (Association of Science and Engineering Technology) as a CET (Certified Engineering
- Valid Class 5 Drivers license.
2nd Year Engineering Technologist students registered in a recognized Canadian Engineering Technology program will also be considered for this position.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however only those applicants who will be interviewed will be contacted.
The Town of Peace River welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Job descriptions are available upon request.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a resume to Competition #20/010:
Human Resources Coordinator
Fax: (780) 624-4664