Job Posting: Guest Services Coordinator
Posted April 24, 2019
The Town of Peace River is seeking an energetic, people-person with a true passion for hospitality and exceptional customer service. We invite you to share your enthusiasm with the community in the full time, permanent Guest Services Coordinator position at the new Peace Regional Recreation Centre!
Located at the main reception of the new multi-use recreation facility, the Guest Services Coordinator is responsible for assisting guests with a variety of functions, including daily drop in cash/credit transactions, program registration, facility bookings, and general phone and email inquiries. This position will also take all bookings for Town owned and operated recreation/cultural facilities; ensuring accuracy and professional service.
Full Time • Permanent
Salary: $53,555—$54,928 annually
Hours: Monday to Friday 40 hours per week
Closing Date: Open until a suitable candidate is found.
- Post-secondary education; Certificate in Business Administration, Business and Administrative Studies, or lived experience that compliments the requirements of this position.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in customer service and Administration environments.
- Experience in the recreation/leisure environment would be an asset.
- A clear Criminal Record Check is required.
- Must work effectively and efficiently with others and alone with little or no supervision.
- Must be punctual, self-motivated, communicate openly, take direction well, and respond to public inquiries in a professional and friendly manner.
- An awareness and astuteness of political matters in public administration.
- Be fair and unbiased when dealing with community groups and individuals.
- Physical job requirements include: occasional lifting of 30 pounds, walking, sitting, and standing for extended periods of time.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task several projects.
- The ability to manage time effectively and meet deadlines.
- Practical knowledge and experience in computer systems for business applications.
- Prior experience in recording minutes.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, and effective manner.
- Knowledge of Great Plains Dynamics/Diamond Municipal Solutions and BookKing software would be an asset.
- Valid first aid certificate is required prior to start of employment. Training will be provided if necessary.
- A valid driver’s license and access to vehicle is required.
The Town of Peace River welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Complete job descriptions are available upon request. Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resumes to the address below. Quote competition #19/028.
Human Resources Coordinator Fax: 780-624-4664
We thank all participants for their interest, however only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.