Recreation Facilities Operator (Temporary)
Posted October 6, 2021
The Town of Peace River Community Service Department is looking for one (1) self-motivated and innovative individual to join our team at the Baytex Energy Centre as a Temporary, Part Time Recreation Facilities Operator.
The Town of Peace River is committed to navigating the “new normal” with all employees to create a healthy, safe and resilient workplace for you, your coworkers, the user groups and patrons. You will be provided with information and training on your first day of work regarding the Town of Peace River’s COVID-19 best practices, workplace protocols, tools and resources so you can feel confident and safe in your new position.
This position is responsible for the daily operations of the Baytex Energy Centre. Responsibilities include but are not limited to providing a high quality customer service, arena ice plant maintenance, Zamboni operations, safe operation and preventative maintenance of a variety of motorized equipment, garbage removal and recycling, janitorial and grounds maintenance, snow removal, inspection and documentation, seasonal start up and shutdown of the arena, trail parks and playground maintenance, event support and building repairs.
Part Time – Temporary
Term: November 1, 2021 to March 18, 2022
Wage: $26.60 per hour
Hours: Shift work and various hours up to 30 hours per week.
Closing Date: October 15, 2021
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license. (Recommend attaining class 3 with airbrake endorsement)
- Level 1 Arena Operators Certificate.
- Level 1 Parks & Sports Field Certificate.
- Level 1 Building Maintenance Certificate
- Be self-motivated and able to deal effectively with the public.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in both written and verbally.
- Ability to effectively operate computer/programs as required.
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety legislation
- WHMIS, and First Aid/CPR training
- Be willing to continue training to improve job performance and aptitudes.
- Works well with others, and handles direction and criticism in a positive manner.
- An awareness and astuteness of political matters in public administration.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with people in a sensitive, tactful, diplomatic, and professional manner at all times.
- Ability to work independently.
- Must be able to work weekends and evenings when scheduled.
The Town of Peace River welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes to Competition # 21/031:
Human Resources Coordinator
Fax: (780) 624-4664
Email: [email protected]
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however only those applicants who will be interviewed will be contacted.