Posted September 22, 2021
If you are a communications professional who is passionate about serving your community, keep reading!
The Town of Peace River is searching for a creative, detail oriented individual with proven communications experience to fill the role of Communications Coordinator.
The Communications Coordinator, under the direction of the Chief Administrative Officer, acts as a resource to the Management Team, Council and Staff in regards to the development and implementation of internal and external communication programs. They shall generate ideas and bring them forward to the Management Team for approval. This position plans, develops and implements internal and external communication programs to facilitate communication between the Town of Peace River and community stakeholders as well as the various Town departments. This position will also draft, edit and submit proposals, and will oversee the development, management, and maintenance of all online communication vehicles for the Town of Peace River, including but not limited to the Town’s website and social media accounts. The person in this position will be responsible for ensuring compliance with the Town’s branding standards. Additionally, the position has Emergency Information Officer responsibilities should the Emergency Coordination Centre be activated.
Full Time – Permanent
Salary: $59,775 – $66,145
Hours: Monday-Friday 37.5 hours per week. Regular evening meetings will be required.
Closing Date: Open until a suitable candidate is found
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in public relations, marketing, journalism or a degree, diploma or certificate in a related field.
- Exceptional command of the English language, including grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Highly effective project management skills, ability to prioritize, ability to multi-tasking, time management skills, and ability to meet deadlines.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- 2 – 5 years professional writing experience.
- 2 -5 years experience in marketing material development, including print, web, and multimedia.
- Computer literate, including effective working skills of MS Office Applications and Adobe products.
- Works well with others and handles direction and criticism in a positive manner.
- An awareness and astuteness of political matters in public administration.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with people in a sensitive, tactful, diplomatic, and professional manner at all times.
- Ability to work independently.
- One-year website design and maintenance.
- 2 – 5 years in a municipal government environment.
- Graphic design and creative writing experience.
- Business courses in marketing or journalism.
- Creative, innovative thinker.
The Town of Peace River welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. The successful applicant will be required to obtain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check. A complete job description is available upon request.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes to Competition # 21/030:
Human Resources Coordinator
Fax: (780) 624-4664
Email: [email protected]
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however only those applicants who will be interviewed will be contacted.