Posted September 21, 2021
The Town of Peace River is accepting applications for one full time, permanent System Administrator. This position reports to the Director of Corporate Services and is responsible for supporting the Town’s IT infrastructure, in
addition to improving the overall risk management process, implementation, and continual improvement of IT project systems. This position is responsible for providing expert Information Technology (IT) system support services across the organization. They will assist with IT project management, resource management, hardware installation and maintenance, troubleshooting and communicating with all users of the Town of Peace River technology infrastructure. The position may also be required to assist with IT strategic planning, as well as identifying, selecting and deploying new technology to support organizational goals and objectives.
Full Time – Permanent
Salary: $69,737 – $77,170
Hours: Monday-Friday 37.5 hours per week. Scheduled hours may vary to support organizational efficiencies.
Closing Date: Open until a suitable candidate is found
- A minimum of a two-year Technical Diploma in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- A minimum of two years related work experience in a client service and support environment installing and troubleshooting hardware and software is required.
- Experience with Microsoft Desktop & Server Operating Systems, MS Active Directory, Microsoft365, SQL Database Management Systems.
- Experience with Server Hardware (i.e., Dell, HPE), Server virtualization technologies (i.e., VMWare, Hyper-V), Server and Storage technologies.
- Experience with Network Firewalls and other equipment.
- Prior network security, TCP/IP, VPN experience would be considered an asset.
- Familiar with Microsoft Dynamics GP / Diamond Financial software is an asset.
- Knowledge in GIS Systems (i.e., ESRI) is an asset.
- Must have a valid Class 5 Driver’s License.
- Ability to maintain high degree of confidentiality and discretion
- Must be self-motivated, and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to interpret, implement and adhere to organizational policies, budget items, and procedures.
- Customer service orientation and helpful attitude.
- Works well with others and handles direction and criticism in a positive manner.
- An awareness and astuteness of political matters in public administration.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with people in a sensitive, tactful, diplomatic, and professional manner at all times.
- Balance numerous on-going projects at a time.
- Results oriented and efficient with excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to present ideas in user friendly language for non-technical staff
The Town of Peace River welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. The successful applicant will be required to obtain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check. A complete job description is available upon request.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes to Competition # 21/026:
Human Resources Coordinator
Fax: (780) 624-4664
Email: [email protected]
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however only those applicants who will be interviewed will be contacted.