Job Posting: Program Assistant—Fairview
Posted January 17, 2019
The Town of Peace River is seeking an individual to join our Peace Parent Link team in Fairview, AB, in one part time position as a Program Assistant. Some evening and weekend work may be required, with the possibility of travel.
Wage: $22.00 per hour
Hours: 20 hours per week
Closing Date: Open until a successful candidate has been found.
This position will assist Early Childhood Program Coordinators with the coordination and implementation of a variety of high quality programs that reflect current, evidence based research findings and best practices for children and families. Under supervision this position works directly with families and children, providing resources and tools for parent education and child development.
- Knowledge of Early Childhood Education,
- Experience in the development of age appropriate early learning programs,
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task several projects,
- The ability to manage time effectively and meet deadlines,
- A helpful demeanor and positive attitude while dealing with the public,
- Practical knowledge and experience in computer systems,
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, and effective manner,
- RCMP Vulnerable Sector Check and Intervention check before starting employment and every year after,
- Willing to travel; have a valid driver’s license, vehicle insurance, a reliable vehicle,
- A cell phone is required when traveling,
- Standard First Aid/CPR certification is required,
- Recommended to have all your immunizations and tuberculin test up to date, and
- Good general level of physical fitness to meet the demands of Early Childhood programming, including lifting hauling supplies, physically active circle times etc.
The Town of Peace River welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Complete job descriptions are available upon request. Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resumes to the address below. Quote competition #19/002.
Human Resources Coordinator