Job Posting: Lifeguard/Instructor L3 (Supervisor)
Posted June 13, 2019
The Town of Peace River is looking for an energetic and organized individual to join our team at the Peace Regional Pool as a casual Lifeguard/Instructor L3.
The successful candidates will be responsible to the Lifeguard/Instructor L4, and will assist with providing maximum opportunities for the public to enjoy recreational activities at the Peace Regional Pool. This position acts as the Shift Supervisor in the absence of senior staff and is active in preventing injuries, providing general lifeguarding duties, teaching lessons, and ensuring the policies, programs, and services of the Peace Regional Pool are implemented.
This position will work evenings and weekends.
The Peace Regional Pool is a unionized workplace.
The hourly wage is set at $25.60 for the 2019 year
Closing Date: Open until a suitable candidate is found.
- National Lifeguard Award
- Aquatic Emergency Care or a First Aid certificate recognized by O.H.S.
- Level “C” C.P.R.
- WHMIS certificate or willingness to obtain
- Good public relations skills both on the phone and in person.
- A.E.D certification or willingness to obtain
- Water Safety Instructor Award
- One year experience in an aquatic environment (preferred)
- Demonstrated positive and effective leadership skills
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Pool Ops 1 – or willingness to obtain
- Valid Class 5 Drivers license (preferred)
The Town of Peace River welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. This position is within the scope of C.U.P.E. Local 898 and as such, you will be required to adhere to the articles contained within the Collective Agreement. The successful applicant will be required to obtain a satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Check and Child Intervention Check. A complete job description is available upon request. Please forward resumes including at least three references to Competition # 18/035:
Human Resources Coordinator
Email: [email protected]
We thank all participants for their interest, however, only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.