Job Posting: Water/Wastewater Operator Level 1
Posted February 13, 2019
The Town of Peace River is accepting applications for one (1) permanent, full-time Water/Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Level 1, accountable to the Water/Wastewater Treatment Plant Manager.
This position is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the water treatment/wastewater treatment process including maintenance, laboratory, administration and other duties as assigned. All work shall be performed all work in a safe and time efficient manner, following WHIMIS guidelines, the safe work policies, practices and procedures in the Town of Peace River Safety Manual and the Town employees Handbook as well as the standards and guidelines as stipulated in the Alberta Environment and Parks Approval.
Full Time • Permanent Employment.
Wage: $29.30—$33.22 per hour.
Hours: Average 40 hours per week.
Schedule of 9 days on, 5 days off.
Closing Date: February 19, 2019.
Applicant shall possess the following:
- Grade 12 Diploma or G.E.D;
- Must hold one or more of the following certifications: AEP Level 1 certificate in Water Treatment, AEP Level 1 certificate in Water Distribution, AEP Level 1 certificate in Wastewater Treatment, and AEP Level 1 certificate in Wastewater Collection; and
- Valid Alberta Class 5 license with the ability to obtain Class 3 with Q endorsement driver’s license in a timely manner.
The following assets would be preferred:
- College Certificate in Water and Wastewater Treatment or, College Diploma in a related subject program;
- 1 year experience in Class II or higher water/wastewater treatment facility;
- Competence in operating computer with emphasis on data entry and processing.
The Town of Peace River welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
Job descriptions are available upon request. This position is within the scope of C.U.P.E. Local 898 and as such, you will be required to adhere to the articles contained within the Collective Agreement.
Qualified applicants are invited to forward their resumes, in confidence, to the address below (quote Competition # 19/012).
Human Resources Coordinator
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however only those applicants who will be interviewed will be contacted.