Posted October 4, 2018
The Town of Peace River is seeking an individual to join our Peace Parent Link team in Peace River, AB, in one full time position as a Program Assistant. Some evening and weekend work may be required, with the possibility of travel.
This position will assist Early Childhood Program Coordinators with the coordination and implementation of a variety of high quality programs that reflect current, evidence based research findings and best practices for children and families. Under supervision this position works directly with families and children, providing resources and tools for parent education and child development.
Wage: $20.00 per hour
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Closing Date: Until a successful candidate has been found.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task several
- The ability to manage time effectively and meet deadlines,
- A helpful demeanor and positive attitude while dealing with the public,
- Practical knowledge and experience in computer systems,
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, and effective manner,
- Knowledge of Early Childhood Education,
- RCMP Vulnerable Sector Check and Intervention check before starting employment and every year after,
- Willing to travel; have a valid driver’s license, vehicle insurance, a reliable vehicle,
- A cell phone is required when traveling,
- Standard First Aid/CPR certification is required,
- Recommended to have all your immunizations and tuberculin test up to date, and
- Good general level of physical fitness to meet the demands of Early Childhood programming, including lifting hauling supplies, physically active circle times etc.
The Town of Peace River welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Complete job descriptions are available upon request. Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resumes to the address below. Quote competition #18/046.
Leanne Cottrell, Human Resources Coordinator
We thank all participants for their interest, however only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.