Machine Operator 3 Lead Hand
The Town of Peace River is accepting applications for two (2) permanent, full-time Machine Operator 3 Lead Hands (NOC 7522).
Peace River is a progressive urban centre in Northwest Alberta, and is a scenic, growing town that is home to just under 7,000 residents. The community is situated in the Peace River Valley and straddles the banks of the mighty Peace River. The town is within a five hours’ drive north of Edmonton and two hours northeast of Grande Prairie and has air, rail and bus services.
Reporting to the Superintendent of Public Works, the Lead Hand is responsiblefor the day-to-day operations of the Town of Peace River including:
- Safely performing various duties as assigned by the Superintendentof Public Works, or the designate, related to the overall maintenanceof the Public Works Department and other agencies of the Town ofPeace River;
- Assisting as required in the supervision of the Public Works Departmentin relation to the general operations and maintenance for all municipalinfrastructure systems.
- Assisting in the project administration including project planning, supervision and reporting, budget preparation and cost control.
- Providing advanced knowledge in relations to the operations andmaintenance requirements on municipal infrastructures systems.
- Advanced operation of all Public Works Department’s small hand tools, power tools, light equipment and heavy equipment.
- Operate a variety of trucks and equipment, including: vacuum trucks, water trucks, excavators, skidsteers, and backhoes;
- Periods of strenuous physical work may exist;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a team and safety focused environment;
- Ability to work in all weather conditions for extended periods of time;
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complyingwith all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Maintain equipment through preventative maintenance; and
- Timely and accurate completion of all required paperwork.
Applicant shall possess the following:
- Minimum level of formal education required is Grade 12 Diploma;
- Valid Alberta Class 3 driver’s license with air brakes endorsement;
- Clean 5-year drivers abstract;
Demonstrated proficiency in the operation of a minimum ten (10) pieces of the following equipment:
- Experience with hand and mechanical tools;
- Experience and operation of light/heavy equipment in relation to various facility equipment;
- Ability to lift 25lbs regularly throughout the day.
- Standard First Aid/CPR certificate;
- WHMIS/TDG certification;
- Equipment Safety; and
- Trenching Safety.
- Advanced knowledge of all municipal infrastructure systems.
- Heavy Equipment Safety in relation to all facility equipment.
- Demonstrated experience in project administration including project planning, supervision and reporting, budgetpreparation and cost control.
- Basic knowledge of computer programs/applications.
- Demonstrated supervisory and administration skills.
The Town of Peace River welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualifiedcandidates.
Job descriptions are available upon request. This position is within the scope of C.U.P.E. Local 898 and as such, you willbe required to adhere to the articles contained within the Collective Agreement.
Qualified applicants are invited to forward their resumes, in confidence, to the address below (quote Competition #19/035).
Human Resources Coordinator
Email: [email protected]
We thank all participants for their interest, however only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.