Posted July 4, 2019
The Town of Peace River is accepting applications for one permanent full time Airport Manager.
The Town of Peace River is a vibrant growing community of 6744 residents
situated in the beautiful Peace River Valley and the convergence of the mighty Peace River, the Smoky River and the Heart River. The area economy is comprised of a strong agricultural and forestry base, along with an active oil industry. As the urban service centre to the Peace Region, the Town is positioned for additional growth. The Town of Peace River is seeking a dedicated, motivated, and dynamic professional to join our team.
Permanent • Full Time Employment
Hours: 40 hours per week Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Closing Date: Open until a suitable candidate is found
Reporting to the Director of Corporate Services and Economic Development, the successful applicant will be a member of the management team. The Airport Manager manages all aspects of airport administration and airport maintenance of the Town of Peace River Airport and its associated facilities. This position is responsible for ensuring that under normal and emergency conditions the airport facilities are operating in a safe, efficient, secure and cost-effective manner.
Major responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Direct the 24 hour day-to-day operations of the airport, managing human and financial resources in a businesslike manner; and managing the ongoing communication, consultative and promotional activities of the airport.
- Be familiar with all the facilities at the airport, the standard to which the airport must be maintained and all the NAV Canada and Transport Canada regulations and requirements applicable to the class of the airport;
- Oversee and review office correspondence and documentation relating to the airport and ensuring accurate and timely responses to Government Agencies, other Municipalities, other internal departments and the general public.
- Ensuring that airport insurance and mandatory certificates relating to all aspects of maintaining an airport are current and accurate at all times.
- Preparation of airport leases and agreements for all tenants and contractors, new developments and projects, ensuring accuracy in leases, full knowledge of Transport Canada regulations in development on and near an aerodrome, and development regulations of the Municipal District of Peace No. 135.
- Directing the capital, operations and maintenance resources.
- Responsible for fire prevention and control on the airport in coordination with the Peace River Fire Department.
- Directing and reviewing work, assessing employee performance and potential, responding to grievances at first level, initiating and applying the discipline process and approving leave.
- Knowledge of Transport Canada Aviation Regulations, Airport Standards, SMS and NOTAM procedures.
- Knowledge of airport maintenance procedures and related policies.
- Knowledge of the principals of airport operations.
- Ability to prepare reports and maintain records.
- Ability to supervise subordinates under his direction to ensure adequate quality and quantity of work.
- Ability to deal with public in courteous and comprehensive manner.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years airport operation and maintenance experience.
- Formal education in Airport Management may be considered in lieu of experience.
- Grade twelve or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Minimum class three license with air brake or class 1 driver’s license.
- Must qualify, pass and obtain an Aeronautical Radiotelephone License.
- Must be capable of operating office equipment and performing administrative matters pertaining to the airport and other projects.
The successful candidate will have a proven record of dealing with Transport Canada, with knowledge of aerodrome standards and policies.
The Town of Peace River welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified
Job descriptions are available upon request. Qualified applicants are invited to forward their resumes, in confidence, to the address below (quote Competition # 19/036).
Human Resources Coordinator
Email: [email protected]
We thank all participants for their interest, however only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.