Job Posting: FCSS Programmer
posted May 4, 2021
The Town of Peace River is seeking a punctual, self-motivated and outgoing individual to join our team in a part-time FCSS Programmer position. Working as a team, our two FCSS Programmers will provide social programs that promote and enhance well-being among individuals, families and communities. This position will include some evening and weekend work.
Part-Time • Permanent
Salary: $35,865.00 annually
Hours: Monday to Friday 22.5 hours per week
Closing Date: Open until a suitable candidate is found.
The Town of Peace River is committed to navigating the “new normal” with all employees to create a healthy, safe and resilient workplace for you and your co-workers.
The FCSS Programmer is one of the primary coordinators of Family and Community Support Services programs and will work cooperatively with other FCSS staff to plan, implement and evaluate all programs and initiatives. As a Provincial partnership with the municipality, FCSS is mandated under the FCSS Act and Regulation to do community development and provide preventive social programs and supports. Services under a program must be of a preventive
nature that enhances the social well-being of individuals and families through promotion or intervention strategies provided at the earliest opportunity.
Examples of current programs and prevention initiatives; Volunteer Income Tax Program, Mental Health First Aid, and Volunteer development workshops.
- Post-secondary education in Social Service or Human Services Fields,
education, or lived experience that compliments the requirements of this position.
- Minimum 2 years of related experience.
- A clear Criminal Record and Child Welfare Record Check are required.
- Must work effectively and efficiently with others and alone with little or no supervision.
- Must be punctual, self-motivated, communicate openly, take direction well.
- Respond to public inquiries in a calm, friendly and professional manner.
- An awareness and astuteness of political matters in public administration.
- Be fair and unbiased when dealing with community groups and individuals.
- Physical job requirements include:
- occasional lifting of 30 pounds;
- sitting; and,
- standing for extended periods of time.
- The successful applicant must be energetic, personable, and outgoing.
- Previous experience in working or volunteering with community events, organizing activities for others, and public speaking would be considered an asset.
- Program planning and implementation skills.
- Knowledge of preparing grants and funding proposals.
- A valid first aid certificate is required prior to the start of employment.
Training will be provided if necessary.
- A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle are required.
The Town of Peace River welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Complete job descriptions are available upon request. Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resumes to the address below. Quote competition #21/010
Human Resources Coordinator
We thank all participants for their interest, however, only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.