Job Posting: Recreation Facilities Operator
Posted March 18, 2021
The Town of Peace River Community Services Department is looking for a motivated individual to join the Baytex Energy Centre team, in the full-time, permanent position of Recreation Facilities Operator.
To be successful you will be expected to have a positive attitude, be versatile in your knowledge and skills and enjoy working with the public.
Permanent • Full Time Employment
Wage: $26.60 for the 2021 year
Hours: 40 hours per week, 8 hrs/day x 5 days/week. April to August hours scheduled between 8:00 am to 9:00 pm August to April hours scheduled between 6:00 am to 1:00 am.
Closing Date: April 9, 2021
Reporting to the Recreation Facilities Coordinator, and taking daily direction from the Recreation Facilities Lead, the position is responsible for daily operations of the Baytex Energy Centre from September to April, as well as daily park operations from April to August. Responsibilities include but are not limited to providing a high-quality customer service, arena ice plant maintenance, Zamboni operations, safe operation and preventative maintenance of a variety of motorized equipment, garbage removal and recycling, janitorial and grounds maintenance, snow removal, inspection and documentation, seasonal start-up and shutdown of the arena, trail parks and playground maintenance, event support and building repairs. This position is focused on ensuring that the Town of Peace River arena, facilities, trails and public spaces are inspected and well-maintained for public safety. Due to the changing needs of each season and the wide range of responsibilities, attention to detail, excellent customer service skills and well-honed mechanical and building repair expertise are required.
- Level 1 Arena Operators Certificate.
- Level 1 Parks & Sports Field Certificate.
- Level 1 Building Maintenance Certificate.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license. (Recommend attaining class 3 with Airbrake Endorsement)
- Be self-motivated and able to deal effectively with the public.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in both written and verbally.
- Ability to effectively operate computer/programs as required.
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety legislation.
- WHMIS and First Aid/CPR training, or willingness to obtain.
- Be willing to continue training to improve job performance and aptitudes.
- Works well with others, and handles direction and criticism in a positive manner.
- An awareness and astuteness of political matters in public administration.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with people in a sensitive, tactful, diplomatic, and professional manner at all times.
- Ability to work independently.
- Must be able to work weekends and evenings when scheduled.
- Must be physically capable of lifting over 50 lbs.
The Town of Peace River is committed to navigating the “new normal” with all employees to create a healthy, safe and resilient workplace for you and your coworkers.
We thank all participants for their interest, however, only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Town of Peace River welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Job descriptions are available upon request. The position falls within the scope of CUPE Local 898. Qualified applicants are invited to forward their resumes, in confidence, to the address below (quote Com-petition # 21/008).
Leanne Cottrell, Human Resources Coordinator