Job Posting: Summer Recreation Leader
Posted February 23, 2021
The Town of Peace River is seeking energetic individuals who are interested in working with youth and providing various opportunities for the public to enjoy affordable summer programs and/or special events. Individuals will be working in a fast-paced, creative environment focused on delivering, active, fun and safe programs for youth.
Full Time • Temporary
Wage: $18.00 per hour
Hours: May and June: 5 x 7.5 hour days per day, 37.5 hours per week. July and August: 4 x 8 hour days per week, 1 x 4 hour day per week, Total = 36 hours per week.
Term: May 17, 2021 to August 21, 2021
Closing Date: March 12, 2021
This posting is for Recreation Senior Leaders who will provide supervised group-based activities for youth 6-14 years of age, Monday to Friday, during July and August. From May – August, they are responsible for the development, planning, scheduling, and overall supervision of the summer program, including Junior staff. Successful applicants may also be considered to assist in our fall/winter recreation programming.
Qualifications and Skills
- Post-secondary education in recreation, education or another related field would be an asset;
- Supervisory experience in a related field is an asset;
- Strong team players and can work effectively and efficiently with others and alone with little or no supervision;
- Previous experience working with youth in a program setting is an asset;
- Be punctual, self-motivated, communicate openly, take and give direction well, and respond to public inquiries in a calm and friendly manner;
- Experience in specialized instructional skills in sports, arts, science, etc is an asset,
- Physical job requirements include: occasional lifting of 30 pounds, sitting, walking, and standing for extended periods of time, working outdoors in inclement weather;
- Minimum 18 years of age;
- Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Check;
- First Aid/CPR Certificate (training provided if needed);
- Valid Driver’s License; and
- Current Driver’s Abstract.
The Town of Peace River welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
Complete job descriptions are available upon request. Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resumes (with a cover letter) to the address below. Quote Competition #21/002.
Human Resources Coordinator