Job Posting: Administrative Assistant – Peace Regional Pool
Posted November 1, 2019
The Peace Regional Pool is accepting applications for one (1) permanent, full time Administrative Assistant. The Pool Administrative Assistant is accountable to the L4’S & Aquatic Coordinator. The function in this position is to provide the users of the Peace Regional Pool with professional, friendly, efficient and accu-rate customer service.
Full Time • Permanent
Wage: $25.45 per hour
Hours: Monday to Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm
Closing Date: November 17, 2019
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Provide users with accurate and timely information regarding pool lessons, swim schedules and additional courses and programs offered by the Peace Regional Pool via radio, flyers, brochures etc.
- Cash handling and cash balancing to effect current and accurate billing of customers. Ensure all receptionists are submitting balanced cash reconciliation each shift;
- Complete all required forms and logs regarding cash outs and refunds;
- Assist the L4’s and/or Aquatic Coordinator with the development of all required reporting, including monthly statistical reports and the Peace Regional Pool Annual Report;
- Accept bookings for the pool and activity room and advise all staff of these bookings;
- Act as the liaison between the pool, schools and other community groups/organizations;
- Set up and maintain the BookKing software program to allow access for registrations to all pool programs;
- Train and supervise all reception staff in front desk protocols and procedures. Ensure all receptionists are able to complete assigned tasks and record all information on lessons and bookings accurately.
- Minimum of 18 years of age;
- Previous Cash handling experience (including debit/credit cards);
- Excellent Public Relation Skills both on the phone and in person;
- Exceptional organizational skills;
- Excellent computer skills in word processing and spreadsheets; comfortable with problem solving and various software programs;
- Ability to prioritize jobs and work with minimal supervision;
- Standard First Aid/CPR;
- Office Administration Certificate or 2 years of related experience;
- Minimum Grade 12 or equivalent;
- Hold a valid Alberta Class 5 Driver’s License;
- Demonstrated knowledge of Red Cross and Lifesaving Society programs, materials and requirements;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in liaising with schools and community groups who regularly use the Peace Regional Pool;
- WHMIS certificate;
- Works well with others, and handles direction and criticism in a positive manner;
- An awareness and astuteness of political matters in public administration; and,
- Demonstrated ability to interact with people in a sensitive, tactful, diplomatic, and professional manner at all times.
The Town of Peace River welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
Complete job descriptions are available upon request. This position is within the scope of C.U.P.E. Local 898 and as such, you will be required to adhere to the articles contained within the collective Agreement.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resumes to the address below.
Quote competition #19/052.
Human Resources Coordinator Fax: 780-624-4664
We thank all participants for their interest, however only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.